Posted on July 9th, 2012
DSM Special Events and Community Outreach Media Contact:
DSM Contact: Melissa Ogden
Director of Development
(Dallas, TX – July 9, 2012) Michael A. Jenkins, President and Managing Director, Dallas Summer Musicals (DSM) announces The Dallas Foundation has given a generous donation to DSM in support of CATHY RIGBY IS PETER PAN, which plays Tuesday, July 10 through 22, 2012 at the Music Hall at Fair Park.
“We are honored The Dallas Foundation is partnering with DSM in presenting this wonderful production. Support from individuals, corporations, and organizations like The Dallas Foundation help make it possible for DSM to bring world-class, family-friendly touring Broadway productions like PETER PAN to our community and keep ticket prices affordable and accessible to a diverse audience.”
“Dallas Summer Musicals is an ideal recipient for a grant from the Jean Baptiste “Tad” Adoue III Fund at The Dallas Foundation,” said Mary Jalonick, president of The Dallas Foundation. “Mr. Adoue was active in theatrical and musical circles for four decades. His passion for the performing arts in Dallas lives on through his philanthropic legacy including this grant to bring PETER PAN to Dallas audiences this summer.”
About PETER PAN: Tony® Award nominee Cathy Rigby takes flight in an all new production of PETER PAN! Discover the magic all over again of this two time Emmy Award winning and two-time Tony® Award nominated production, presented by Dallas Summer Musicals and a grant from The Dallas Foundation.
PETER PAN is a unique, family friendly attraction of spectacle and fantasy. The thrill of flying, timeless magical moments and a captivating hook will mesmerize young and old alike. The legend you thought you know, is now the adventure you never dreamed possible…Cathy Rigby is PETER PAN!
Tickets, priced from $15-$75, are on sale at The Box Office, 5959 Royal Lane, #542 in the Preston/Royal Shopping Center in Dallas. Tickets are also available by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or online at www.ticketmaster.com . For groups of 15 or more, please call 214-426-GROUP.
Performances are Tuesday through Sunday at 8 p.m. with matinees Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m. There will be an additional matinee at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 19, and there is no evening performance Sunday, July 22.
DSM 2012 season shows continue with THE ADDAMS FAMILY, A NEW MUSICAL COMEDY, October 2-21, 2012. For more information about Dallas Summer Musicals and the 2012 season, please visit www.dallassummermusicals.org .
Please see the attached press release for more information on this production of PETER PAN.
For media information, including jpegs, B-roll, to schedule an interview, or request reviewer’s passes, please contact Jo Ann Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-363-7371.
About Dallas Summer Musicals
As a non-profit organization, DSM relies on a variety of funding sources to bring the Best of Broadway to Dallas at affordable ticket prices, as well as to preserve the beautiful historic theater, educate young audiences and create important community programs.
* DSM’s High School Musical Theatre Awards are patterned after Broadway’s Tony® Awards and celebrates the power of the arts to significantly improve all areas of education. Awards are given in 15 categories, as well as scholarships.
* DSM’s Seats for Kids program provides a meaningful arts education experience to thousands of low income, at-risk and special needs children.
* DSM provides positive incentives for youth that are at risk for gang membership through the Stage Right program.
* Dallas Summer Musicals Academy of Performing Arts offers professional theater arts training and scholarships to talented students in need.
* The Associate Producers is the young professionals group supporting DSM.
* The DSM Guild welcomes production cast and companies with a party in their honor after opening night and much more.
* Kids Club is a free event offering exciting activities, special events, backstage tours and informational exchanges about certain shows. Children gain an interest, knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts.
* Discover Theatre is specifically for children in grades K-6 and is designed to entertain, educate and empower young people in elementary school.
Ticket sales alone do not sustain these endeavors. Only support from committed businesses, foundations and individuals make these programs possible.
Season sponsors are American Airlines, WFAA Channel 8 ABC, Texas Instruments, The Dallas Morning News and metroPCS.
Get updates and news through our social media web sites here: