Posted on May 14th, 2010
Marketing & Sponsorship Director
The Shops at Willow Bend
THE SHOPS AT WILLOW BEND
PRESENTS A ‘THRILLIFYING’ LIVE PERFORMANCE BY WICKED CAST MEMBERS AND AUTOGRAPH SESSION ON SATURDAY, JUNE 5
PLANO, Texas, May 14, 2010 – On Saturday, June 5 at 11:00 a.m., two members from the cast of Wicked, Broadway’s biggest blockbuster, will present a free live performance at The Shops at Willow Bend. The performance will feature two songs and will be held in Grand Court near Neiman Marcus.It will be followed by an autograph session with the cast members.
The June 5 event is part of the partnership between The Shops at Willow Bend and Wicked which is now playing through Sunday, June 27th at the Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas.
In addition to the live performance, the spellbinding specials at The Shops at Willow Bend include:
• “The World of Wicked” display in the mall’s Grand Court now through June 13, where visitors can walk through Glinda the Good’s bubble, view the “Behind the Emerald Curtain” museum display and take a photo in Oz;
• Wicked shopping deals via the “Passport to Oz,” offering discounts and/or specials from more than 30 participating retailers at The Shops at Willow Bend (“Passports” available at the Wicked set in Grand Court or at Concierge Center).
• Weekly drawings for Wicked prizes; shoppers simply drop their “Passport to
The Shops at Willow Bend Wicked Performance/2
Oz” into the Wicked Witch cauldron for a chance to win dozens of weekly prizes. Drawings take place Sundays, May 23 and 30, June 6 and 13;
• Giveaways courtesy of the Wicked Street Team, who will visit The Shops at Willow Bend every Friday morning and afternoon, and all day Saturday and
Sunday [through Sunday, June 13], to hand out free Wicked-themed products such as lip balm, picture frames, music downloads and more;
• Wicked merchandise (T-shirts, hats, accessories, etc.) will be available for purchase at The Concierge Center.
Winner of 35 major awards, including the Grammy Award and three Tony Awards, Wicked is the untold story of the witches of Oz. Long before Dorothy drops in, two other girls meet in the land of Oz. One, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. Wicked tells the story of their remarkable odyssey, and how these two unlikely friends grow to become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good.
WICKED is now playing through Sunday, June 27 at the Music Hall in Dallas; for a complete schedule of performances, please visit www.dallassummermusicals.org.Great seats are still available.Tickets can be purchased at the Ticketmaster retail outlet in the Concierge Center, located on the lower level near Macy’s.For more information, please call 972-202-7110 or visit dallassummermusicals.org.
The Shops at Willow Bend is one of several Taubman-owned malls around the country to feature the Wicked production and related promotional offerings over the next year and a half.Taubman’s portfolio of regional and super-regional shopping centers is recognized as the finest and most productive collection of upscale shopping centers in the United States.
The Shops at Willow Bend is located at the northwest corner of the Dallas North Tollway and West Park Boulevard and features more than 150 stores, restaurants and services plus four anchors: Neiman Marcus, Macy’s, Dillard’s and Saks Fifth Avenue. For more information about stores, restaurants or events at The Shops at Willow Bend, call 972-202-4900 or visit www.shopwillowbend.com.
For more information on Wicked, visit www.wickedthemusical.comor www.dallassummermusicals.org.
# # #